I hope that your new year is off to a great start, with fresh resolution around your goals.
However, I have to say that I am a sucker for fresh starts. I like the idea of turning over a fresh page and renewing some stale habits. One of my colleagues even suggests having four New Year’s during the year on this note.
So needless to say, I appreciate this time of year.
Here are my favourite tips:
- Focus on things that make you passionate (e.g., join an activity that you love instead of “lose 10 pounds”) and you are more likely to achieve your goals. Cathy Lewis, President of Certified Sisters Inc. and co-author of 7F Words for Living a Balanced Life
- Don’t rush past the moments worth remembering. Jackie Coleman, Counsellor and blogger for HBR.org
- Liberate yourself from the non-essential. Get rid of physical clutter, toxic relationships and attention theft. Jo Bennett, Life coach and professional organizer, Solomojo Coaching
- Focus on what you can control instead of worrying about possible outcomes. Andy Core, Stress/productivity expert and author of Change Your Day, Not Your Life
- Make more time for Fun and Purpose in your life and you will have more energy for everything else. This is the sustainable way to achieve balance. Lauren Bacon, Vancouver-based business coach
- Invest in making your To Do List the best list you have ever seem. It is a critical way to manage our priorities and avoid over-committing ourselves. (This tip was mine, but it is one of my favorite ones.)
What are you focusing on this year? Which of these tips resonated with you? Please share in the comments box? I always learn so much from people like you!